Sunday, October 16, 2011

But I Can Make a Darn Good Pizza!!!

I have been craving pizza ever since I was diagnosed with diabetes. Up until today I had only made little pizzas on Pepperidge Farm Deli flats, which are good but not the same. Today I made a pizza using FlatOut Light Italian Flatbread and...OMG, it was so good!!!!





FLATOUT PEPPERONI PIZZA

1 FlatOut Light Italian Herb Flatbread

1/2 cup of reduced fat mozzarella or Italian blend shredded cheese
4 tbsp of any tomato sauce of your choice (I used Barilla Tuscan Herb)
7 slices of turkey pepperoni, cut into pieces.
1 tsp olive oil

Preheat oven to 425*. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or grease the pan with cooking spray. Place the flatbread on the cookie sheet and spread the olive oil over the top side. Pre-bake in the oven for 2-3 minutes to crisp up the flatbread. Assemble pizza as desired and bake for approximately 8 minutes. Cut and enjoy!!!

*Nutrtional Information-331 KCals, 17.84 g fat, 20.40 g carbs, 1.20 g sugars, 1104 mg sodium, 55.72 g protein

0 comments:

Post a Comment